Monday, February 20, 2012

Spring is coming

The changing of the seasons is always a great time but there may be none better than the transition from Winter to Spring.  We all enjoy a good snow (as long as it doesn't stick around too long) but the truth about winter is it can get a little too dark, stark and even depressing if we let it.  The season of Spring swoops in at just the right time to remind us that God is constantly in the process of restoring beauty and new life to the world.

Since He does this so clearly in creation we can know that He does this in our lives as individuals and families as well.  I look outside and see a warm sunny day instead of a dark and dreary one and I can know that even in my toughest days God can and will restore to me the 'joy of my salvation'.  Psalm 51

In Arkansas today, we can look outside (or even better we can go out and enjoy it) and see a glimmer of a coming spring.  Can we look at our lives and see God bringing on a new season of life, color, wonder and hope as well?  I can, and I hope you can as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment